Thursday, May 27, 2010

Channeling Mary Poppins





It's true, I have been told that I look like the "Spoon Full of Sugar" Disney character more than once. It's always when I am wearing this coat, lace up oxfords, and my hair up in a bun. One time I was wearing a blouse with a high, frilly collar and a good friend joked I looked just like Mary Poppins... later that same day I was thrifting and what should I find right on top of a pile of books? Yep. The pink, Disney edition of the book with Julie Andrews smiling from the cover.

I think it's hilarious, I am not offended at all - I like Poppin's style! I should try to find a hat to complete the look :) I was actually in a grade school production of the play as well; but I was a chimney sweep!! I was also once the Christmas Tree in 3rd grade, but that's another story.....

Look at my latest jewelry treasure! So in love with it. Chock full of Austrian crystal rhinestones and a very charming shape. You can't tell so good by my photo's, but it is the loveliest pastel spring colors! Now if it will actually make it feel like spring here in Portland.




coat - thrifted by Travis for me (!)
shoes - thrifted
dress - thrifted (you can't see it, but it's a lovely I.N.C. silk number!)
scarf - thrifted
brooch - thrifted and expensive, but so worth it!

10 comments:

  1. Love that last shot... so cute :)

    I def see the Mary Poppins vibe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, and I guess this makes you "practically perfect in every way!"

    A few years ago I sold a hat with a bit of an MP vibe:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/29719776@N05/3104899627/in/set-72157611233727250/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely coat, very Mary Poppins-esque. One of my friends once laughed at me and told me I looked like Mary Poppins in my clothes, but I think it's a compliment! You look lovely!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! that brooch is a STUNNER! excellent purchase.

    and fyi...mary poppins only wishes she were as cute and cool as you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 喜歡看大家的文章,每篇都是一個故事,都是一種心情~~祝大家開心愉快 ........................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. i ♡♡♡♡♡♡ this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your outfit here may be one of my most favourites for all time! I'd wear it for the rest of my life, haha. http://www.etsy.com/shop/laurengrothe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails