Monday, May 17, 2010

Buried Treasure

Vintage Flower Pins


Little Handmade Shell Earrings


On Sunday I stopped into one of my favorite neighborhood thrifty haunts... I always look in the jewelry case and see the gigantic, spilling over glass vases stuffed with odds and ends of jewelry staring up at me from the bottom of the case.. but I always ignore them. They are always priced something crazy like $49.99 - and even if you are getting a grab bag (okay, vase) full of jewlery, who knows what's in it? All I can ever see through the mardi-gras plastic beads is 80's watches and ugly xmas pins. However on this trip, I noticed a smaller one priced at $14.99, with a sweet little 60's flower pin right on top. I also spied what appeared to be an old hair comb..... OK, OK, for $14.99 I can take the risk. IT WAS SO WORTH IT! I might be addicted now, to buying these and rushing home to dump them out on the floor.....

There were tons of icky things to dig through like 8 billion old gummy bracelets, broken cheap glass beads, and a bottle opener key rings (I actually needed one of those!). Here's my ultra-treasures!!


3 Vintage French Hair Combs - one is missing a stick,
but one has pink rhinestones to make up for it!!

Sterling Silver Choker + A Little Glass Pig

In the middle of it all was this teeny tiny bear with a rhinestone necklace - she's all the way on the right. She perfectly balances out my collection of little critters perched on top of a picture on the wall! She's bitty - only 3" big.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Such good finds, I love the pins and the comb!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun! :) I love those flower pins. Great buy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails