Saturday, April 24, 2010

Big Jewelry, Big Temptation






Always, always I have had a "thing" for jewelry. Recently my love for gigantic adornment has been revived - mostly due to this super fabulous late 60's necklace. My love for jewelry in general was most likely sparked by my mother.... I have many fond memories of digging through her earring "drawer", old jewelry boxes, and the rack of necklaces on the wall. In fact I have the same exact necklace organization employed today - a vintage wall-mount hat rack, works perfectly!

We have some extra amazing big jewelry in the store right now, and I have to tell myself daily that I don't actually need to own it - I can appreciate it here until it sells.... but then I won't get to look at it anymore! I figure if that's one of my biggest worries in life, I should count myself pretty darn lucky ;)

LOVE this monstrously huge cut glass cocktail ring... the color is so pretty, but I know how clutzy I am, and I would definitely injure myself wearing it (because I would not wear it just for cocktails!). This Whiting and Davis gold mesh necklace is also tempting.... and these zodiac pendants! One is even an Aries! Oh!

I am also kicking myself for NOT giving into temptation long ago and snatching up one of the Razza Ram necklaces (Aries thing again) online when they were still semi-affordable for my meager budget. I have coveted one forever, and then I saw one on the gorgeous Sea of Shoes blog recently and immediately decided that yes, I do in fact need one of those... only to find through online searching that they have seriously gone up in value! I actually can't even find one on Etsy or eBay right now. Darn. But good for treasure hunters that dig one up!

3 comments:

  1. All beautiful, but my fave is the top necklace. I. Want. It.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like the gold mesh necklace, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. once again...i'm with you. big, chunky, gaudy, ostentatious...the more i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails