Friday, February 26, 2010

Treasures to Enjoy.....





Hello! Starting today, I am making a real, true effort to actually start posting again. I love to, and I have just let the rest of my world take over. Opening the store has engulfed me; but I knew that would happen :-)

I am loving the store - we have had a fabulous first couple of weeks, and are thrilled to be a part of the downtown Portland shopping scene. It's still a little too early to tell exactly what our customer base will be in this part of town, but the majority thus far has been tourists (we are centered amongst several huge hotels - California folks love us, and we love you too!), and adorable little old ladies that are ecstatic to take a walk down memory lane.


I met the most amazing woman yesterday - when she walked in I thought "Wow! I want to look exactly like that when I'm older!". She was very striking with a huge pouf of erratic white hair, HUGE vintage Christian Dior glasses (seriously the biggest frames I've ever seen!), elegant long black coat, great jewelry, and beautiful little black and silver flats on her pitch black stocking feet. Quite stunning! She tried on a few items, and politely asked me if I could assist her in buttoning the collar of her dress. What a dress!!!! Gorgeous lilac and pink weave with a high collar, fitted waist, and full calf grazing skirt. This woman had her style down, and you could tell she had for many years. She told me the designer - a boutique in San Francisco in the seventies.... and I am soooooo mad I did not write it down!!!! I was too awestruck to really take in anything audio - too much visual data to record! I look forward to her stopping in again.

All in all I am super happy with this venture, and definitely busier than I've ever been in my entire little life. We are still stocking like mad, and I've taken a few pics to show a little more of what we have...... Enjoy!




7 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are back! Miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back! The store looks marvelous!!
    xo,
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats. i lived in pdx from 96 to 2003 and totally miss how good the vintage is out there. i'm sure the bins have gotten much more competetive, but the vintage stores seem to have gotten amazing! i'll check it out next time i'm out.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shop looks great--and oh! That blue velvet dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I've got to come for a visit!! 10th and Taylor. got it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing. Congratulations on the shop! Your customer sounds awe-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your shop looks WAY great! i hope to come to portland someday soon and i will most certainly be dropping by! congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails