Saturday, January 2, 2010

Thrifting, for the Birds




Of course this year is staring off like the last few... immediately going thrifting!! Many stores in my area had New Years Day specials and I hit a few favorites. Have not done an outfit post in a while, but yes, I am still wearing clothes (whew!). Yesterday was a call to comfort since a lot of digging was sure to be had. Unfortunately I could only get fuzzy pictures of my shirt - but it's so completely awesome! It's this graphic of warm fall leaves and colors... with upside down mermaids drifting through! Weird. I love it. Definitely designed under the influence of seventies drugs.

As you can see, I still have not touched my hair, but it is getting increasingly annoying to me as-is. So undecided.

I found soooooo many goodies yesterday, including a couple of charming bird themed kitchen wares to add to my collection. A wooden bird bottle opener! Old silver toned fancy pants bird
S&P shakers! My taste is so all over the place (danish styled simple vs. extravagant embellished) but at least the theme is the same... birds! Oh, how I do love them.




I also found a brand new Tuleh polka dot mini. Um, yeah. Thank you thrift store for $9.99 - I love you. Watch for it in a more spring themed post!

7 comments:

  1. I love birds too! I just registered for bird themed Lenox china.

    Great thrift finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky girl, you had some great finds. I love the blouse. I have a few polyester gems along the same lines hanging in my closet. I can't wait to go thrifting again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those salt and pepper shakers! super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that blouse--mermaids in the fall leaves? Wonderfully bizarre. I also love the birdie bottle opener. Excellent finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness--i have those same bird s&p shakers in painted ceramic! my sis-in-law got them for me 7 or 8 years ago when i first started my s&p collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your well wishes! :)

    I love the chartreuse color of your sweater....it is gorgeous! You found so many thrift treasures....successful thrifting trips are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails