Friday, January 8, 2010

Pretty Pictures and More Portland Love

Seriously. Everyday I stumble on something new in this city that makes my little heart go "thump". It usually involves traveling that fine line that runs through everything; interconnected, if you will.

For example, this savvy woman I know here in Portland by the name of Britt Howard founded and runs the Portland Garment Factory. It's the only production house in PDX for local designers. Pretty cool, huh? I was perusing her website, only to discover that she has her own line of bebe attire that is so darn cute it makes me smile out loud. I did not even know! It is called Babooshka. It is certified adorable.



I also had the pleasure of looking through her client list (you can too) and finally checked out the collections of local designers I hear about constantly. I've been out here about 5 years now, but I am still discovering new shops, new people, new neighborhoods daily. It's a big ol' city!




Kate Towers
is a local (iconic) PDX designer that just made me pleasantly sigh and daydream about visiting the Oregon Coast, and Sauvie Island. Her collections are titled such, and the on-spot photography is so perfect at showcasing the clothing and locale. I had to share! Def gave my heart the little flutter. If only it weren't in the forecast to rain buckets this weekend... Sauvie Island is only a 20 minute drive from PDX. Le sigh. I can always wear the clothes no matter the weather, right? Well, as long as there are proper shoes and coats to go along. I have a feeling I will be bombarding you all with more local fashion tidbits in my future posts. Brace yourselves for more pretty pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Those dresses are gorgeous.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! that baby (& clothes) is so cute!

    I love portland! I wish I could move there!!

    p.s. trying to get a holf of you! you won the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a perfect name for a baby line. and i adore kate towers - i have 2 of her dresses, one of which i wore new years eve (we didn't go anywhere, but i was determined to wear me new dress). she also makes great tees sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you go out an explore your city! It is so easy to fall into a routine and forge to go on adventures (which is the state I am stuck in at the moment!!) Your post has inspired me to seek out something new this weekend. Those little baby pictures are too cut! I love how you used the phrase "smile out loud" :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails