Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Insanely Major Mannequin Score of 2010





Wow. Wow, wow, wow. I am speechless since about 3:40 this past afternoon. The boyfriend called a "historical place" here in Portland (we were sworn to secrecy by them) a few days ago, on a mannequin tip we never followed up from months ago. Ever so glad he remembered!!!!!

Remember when I said I was up to somethin' a few posts back? Well. It's looking pretty solid that in February we will open our own Vintage store in downtown PDX. AAAAHHHHHCCCKKKK! So, so excited. This will mean a monstrous change in my current schedule, but I'm ready. I've dreamed about this for over 15 years now, and this is too good of a thing to pass up. The vintage "mall" scene here in PDX has served me well - been quite good to me in fact, but I am ready to take things completely into my own hands. I am quite lucky to have the full support and help of my partner. One of the latest phone calls he made was on these beauties....

All original 1975 Decter mannequins. I think 12 in all. Wow, wow, wow. There is no way we'll be able to fit all of them into the store, but I could not pass up these collectible mannequins for the scream-worthy price they were. True, we have some sorting and putting back together to do - but I don't care!!!!! They are gorgeous!!! I have to go back tomorrow to pick up the rest - it was so fun driving in the little Geo Metro with it packed full of "bodies". The group photo was them waiting on our buildings front porch to get carried inside. It's super fun carrying mannequins around - you get all sorts of funny comments and questions. I highly recommend it sometime.
I'll keep you posted on the unfolding dream!

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Wow, that's a lot of mannequins!
    I wish I lived near you so I could visit your shop :(
    xxx
    Saoirse

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa! awesome news!! coongrats :) :) :)!!!
    you have to keep me updated so that we can stop by at your shop next time we go down to oregon!!


    p.s. I still need your mailing address and such to ship the giveaway treasure!
    e-mail me @ lunatepetal(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm.... sorry! I emailed you but probably did it incorrectly :-( So excited to get my little treasure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you! That is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really cool! I enjoy your finds! In fact I am enjoying one that my mother in law bought me for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! how exciting!!! and i would've loved to see you driving in that little car with all those body parts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your exciting new venture! And on the mannequin score. The photos of them are very cool, yet a bit creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a score! i have always wanted a mannequin but they are so expensive anytime i find one in massachusetts! also i am so happy to have just found your blog and am following you now <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow- so happy for you! Will be checking in on the shops progress. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! They look so 70's, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow!!! This is incredible...what a great find! And congrats on opening your own store; what a dream!! :) You must post pictures when it is up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations that sounds amazing!

    darling blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Wow! That sounds amazing! I do wish however, that you had a pic of you, your Metro and the bodies in the back...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know why google made my last comment under the name...'my'. ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  15. no you didn't say that you had gotten the sweater yet but i'm so glad you like it! it's one of my all time favorite items ever to grace my etsy shop and i'm so happy that it found such a good home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. woww!!! that's so exciting! i'm bummed i won't be here to check it out when it opens, but i would love to come by when i visit. nice work. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails