Saturday, November 21, 2009

Kind-of Officially an Autumn Color - Pear!








So - I was eating this super delicious, perfectly ripe d'anjou pear today and admiring what a gorgeous hue of green it was. I want to wear this color! It first strikes me as more of a spring time color, but pears are usually harvested late summer into fall and winter.... so I am deeming it (for my own wardrobe, anyway) an official autumn color. Even though it's almost winter. Yum! Found lots of pear themed accessories as well. It was a fun search, all done on Etsy!

8 comments:

  1. it is a great color, even though i always considered it a spring color as well! but thanks you for enlightening me! i just love your Etsy picks...especially that retro suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is nice to wear bright colors in the winter... makes things less dreary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right pear is a good winter color, more subdued than the brighter lime green for spring, and goes well with browns & neutrals. Thank you so much for including my little 50s suit dress. Lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pear earrings are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pear - now there is a great colour shade, and yummy ! great post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love random searching on etsy. really cute finds, and loving all the green hues, i need more of that in my wardrobe, come to think of it i don't have any pear green in my wardrobe! this will have to be rectified!
    xo,
    claire

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...hi. Thank for visiting me today :) First time I've visited your blog, it's lovely!

    ~michelle.f

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the first two go perfect together. Love you choices, it's a kinda happy color.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails