Thursday, November 19, 2009

Etsy Hats Galore!



I have made a tough decision. I am parting with two of my most absolute favorite vintage hats, that I never have actually worn except for pictures. I do enjoy wearing hats as accessories (and think everyone should help revive this wardrobe accent!) but I always seem to wear "darker" ones in browns and black. These beauties deserve a truly loving home where they can breathe a little fresh air and enjoy perching on some lovely head... instead of waiting patiently in a hat box in my closet. Sigh.



I am keeping (for now) this "dark" hat.... it's a real true Lilly Dache!!!! Eeeeee! It's black velvet with white leather trim and fits so comfortably. I'm diggin' the almost Amish vibe of it; that's what it makes me think of anyway. I had to keep blinking when I found it and looked at the label. Stoked.

Etsy is such a great resource for vintage hats, and modern crafted ones as well. I catch myself searching all the time for more. My absolute favorite hat shop on Etsy is Emilliner; every one is jaw dropping and finely detailed. The photography (shown below) is gorgeous as well. Oh!
Moral of the story - Hooray for hats!!!


5 comments:

  1. I love vintage hats, but I don't look good in them for some reason. Love the little black and white one on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me in hats is like..I dunno what its like but I look terrible in hats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that pale blue rose hat is adorable, and it looks so lovely against your red hair ~ the black hat you're keeping does seem more practical, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hats! Etsy is the best place to look for these kind of lovely things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine! I'm a little behind but I've been meaning to thank you for the great post! Love love love lilly dache and I'm jealous of your topper! All the best! emily

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails