Monday, November 23, 2009

Art Nouveau, Arizona and Oxfords




Today is all about the accessory side of life; pretty neutral attire in a black blouse and caramel colored skirt and not enough time to edit those pictures to look halfway decent. So! I'll showcase my all time favorite necklace and my most comfortable little shoes.

My dad bought me this necklace in Jerome, Arizona when I moved out west several years ago. Jerome is this amazing tiny town perched in the mountains that was a mining town, then abandoned, then revived with artists taking up residence. This beauty was in a little silver jewelry shop and I do remember near-actual drooling when I spotted her. My dad bought it without me seeing and presented her to me later. Thank you dad!!!!

I shortened the chain a bit since it was pretty long and I always wear her on a black top to showcase even more. The shoes - not so fancy but essentially basic and deliciously comfortable! Hope everyone has a lovely day!

8 comments:

  1. Awww, that was so nice of your dad!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. that necklace is incredible! i love sneak attach gifts like that...you know the person likes whatever it is, and then they are so surprised that you were able to buy it without them knowing. so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome oxford shoes ! they look very comfortable to walk it :)
    and thanks for the lovely comment on my blog :)

    mind following it ?
    i'll follow you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The necklace is really unique, so nice of your dad.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one cool necklace!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Karla & Karrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhhh, why don't I have any Oxfords in my life yet? Need!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails