Friday, October 23, 2009

On the Home Front...






Today, like yesterday, is starting off pretty rainy and gray here in PDX. I am about to venture out with umbrella soon - but yesterday I was completely uninspired to do anything clothes related, including getting dressed until well after 3pm. I consider this a day off; however there was a lot of dusting, sweeping, and plant tending involved.

I was inspired to take pictures of my clean apartment and am hereby inundating you with pictures of my home space. Being in the vintage biz means my poor apartment is constantly changing furniture pieces. I find things I like a little better than what I already have frequently. It's getting closer and closer to "forever" pieces, but we still need more space to even accommodate what's already here! The walls are COVERED, since many friends are artists, and my boyfriend is an artist. I've already mentioned the plant situation.

Our apartment building was built in 1910 and is a historical property on the most western edge of downtown PDX. I included a web found image of the building from a little sunnier day than today! Love, love, love it here but the daydream of owning a home continues........

3 comments:

  1. so cute and colorful!!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous, bright space! feels comfy and lived-in, especially that bedroom. and what a building! Portland always reminds me of Oakland, but with less crime and more per capita hipsters.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails