Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Can't Help It Sometimes....







...that I find myself dressing out of the eighties! I was born in the late seventies, so my awareness of clothing and style blossomed around the same time the Swatch hit it's peak. Several years in a row for Halloween I dressed up as Cyndi Lauper. All through middle school I wore tons of abstract leggings with a little tiered lace skirt over them (guess I didn't really need to wait for Halloween!). Or with over sized T-shirts. Pony tail with scrunchy hung low. Polka dots. More polka dots. At least 50 gummy bracelets on each wrist, along with my pink and purple Swatch; wish i still had it!

So, at times even in my "adult life" I put on some clothes, look in the mirror, and think.... "Ha! I look like Molly Ringwald was my stylist!"

Today was one of those days. I have this amazing French wiggle skirt I found at the bins, that I always seem to end up wearing little 80's suede booties with. Then I needed some color. Then I needed a belt. Then, a darlin' little handbag - this one i got just yesterday. It's a 1950's, perfect condition black matte velvet with lucite clasp. I LOVE IT! ...and it fits in with the whole 80's does 50's revival thing. See? It just happens. I can't help it.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS !! WE LOVE THE 80s :) read our take on it here: http://fashionableearth.org/blog/2009/10/21/eighties-uber-alles/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a HUGE Molly Ringwald fan! The 80s are the best.....I seriously wish I had saved all of my little 80s dresses from my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still have BOTH of my swatches!!! i'm tempted to get them rehabbed and start wearing them again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails