Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A belt is a flexible band, typically made of leather or heavy cloth, and worn around the waist.




Belts! I've been pretty into them as of late, and yesterday (I'm developing a habit of posting a day behind...) my day was all about my belt. My mom thrifted it for me in Michigan a few months ago. She has a keen vintage eye, that momma of mine. It's gorgeous, supple tooled leather with a perfect fit and equestrian feel. Naturally, the 'ol riding boots had to be a part of this day as well.

Today is going to be filled with steel wool, orange oil, and Brasso (restoring a mid century serving cart) so my get up is hardly post worthy, but it does include this little vintage felted wool belt. LOVE! It's hand embroidered with the most perfect tiny flowers; made in Switzerland. Do any of you ever head straight to the accessory section at your favorite thrift store? Sometimes I think fellow vintage enthusiasts forget about the divine little treasures to be had here..... shh, don't tell them!!!



4 comments:

  1. I am an accessories JUNKIE...and, in the last 2-ish years, belts have almost become a fetish for me. These are both fab...AND YOUR BOOTS!!! What beauts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter accessorizes with a belt on a daily basis - great post! I'm so glad to have found your blog and look forward to future visits. Thanks also for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that outfit! you are so gorgeous and have amazing taste and style! thanks for your sweet comment on my blog- i'm so glad it led me to yours! and yes! dried flowers are not so good feng shui wise..thanks for the reminder! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the belts, but the boots are the bomb! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails